Operational Considerations for Exponential Growth
The Westchester Entrepreneur Scalability Summit is a half-day of panel discussions and networking for business owners who are experiencing exponential growth. We’re focusing on the kind of growth that changes how you operate and requires a new way of thinking about your business.
You know how to generate business – but what will you do when your current capacity is insufficient to handle your growing base of clients who rely on your expertise?
Our curated panels feature experts and colleagues who have grown their businesses to a more sophisticated level of operations. Learn from their experiences, utilize their resources, and manage risk more effectively.
Maybe you’re trying to hire your first employee – or your tenth. Have you managed employees working at a separate location before? What about benefits? Financing? There is no blueprint, but you don’t have to reinvent the wheel – industrious business owners do this all the time.
Entrepreneur Scalability Summit will teach you when and how to build out your business in a sustainable manner with an eye on the long term.
So imagine what you want your business to grow into, and join us April 24 in White Plains.
- Four educational panels
- Two Networking breaks
- 100 Westchester County businesses who are dedicated to exponential growth
- Bud Hammer, President, Atlantic Westchester
- Stacey Cohen, President & CEO, Co-Communications
- Genesis Macado, Owner, Genesis Pro Painting
- Percell Watson, Community Developer, Mount Vernon Standard
- Dave Hoffman, Founder, ForumPlanner
Preliminary Agenda Outline
8:00 Registration, Networking and Continental Breakfast
8:45 Host’s Welcome
Dave Hoffman, Founder, ForumPlanner
8:50 Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Percell Watson, Community Developer, Mount Vernon Standard
9:00 Growing your Space: Comparing Commercial Property, Shared Work Space, and Virtual Operations
Whether you’re working out of the local coffee house, small office, storefront, or warehouse, there comes a time when your operations need to expand beyond your current space’s capabilities. It can be anything from increased staffing needs, opening a new storefront or a handling need to fulfill more orders
- How to negotiate a commercial lease and how to get out of one
- Tips for renting and using shared workspace
- How and when to hire remote workers to provide you with the office support you need virtually
9:40 Expanding your Workforce: Hiring Employees or Outsourcing
Whether you have one employee or 50, making decisions about how to handle increased activity requires smart decision-making. A growing business not only requires more customer facing employees it also creates a more complicated approach to handling back office operations
- Deciding which job function requires full time help and what can be outsourced?
- Tapping your local network to find the best talent
- What online and local resources can help hire full/part-time employees, interns, and freelancers?
- Understanding legal requirements and employee benefits that are expected for a larger workforce
Bud Hammer, President, Atlantic Westchester
10:20 Networking and Refreshment Break
10:40 Entering a More Complex Legal, Accounting, and Insurance Regime
A growing company is faced with an increasingly complex legal, accounting, and insurance issues. Yet there are different levels of legal, tax, and insurance advice that are relevant for different phases of business growth. It is critical to navigate these options in a knowledgeable a manner as possible as you integrate them into your operations.
- Identifying and securing adequate insurance for your business
- Transitioning from DIY contracts to outsourced, to in-house legal counsel
- Identifying and securing adequate insurance for your business, when and what kind?
11:20 Fueling Exponential Growth Through Financing
Access to capital can make or break the growth of your business. Learn where to find it and how to do it. How do you go through traditional routes, and what alternative financing options make sense for your business?
- Assessing risk and opportunities surrounding bank financing, owner financing, credit, MCA loans, equity investors, and other options
- Tips for filing taxes in a way that will help with funding
- Writing a business plan that will secure funding for existing businesses
Genesis Macado, Owner, Genesis Pro Painting
12:00 Westchester Entrepreneur Scalability Summit Concludes
Mount Vernon Standard | ForumPlanner
Contact us for speaking and sponsorship opportunities