As a conference producer, I create economic value out of industry relationships in the form of business-to-business conferences. I’ve launched and grown conferences on three continents in industries including investment management, real estate, sustainability, biosciences, and business processes. Working with top-tier advisors and speakers, I create strong content and pointed agendas that bring together investors, industry practitioners, and service providers for substantial commercial value.
Producing conferences is a somewhat niche and volatile career path. Having done this for close to a dozen years, I recognized that there is very little guidance out there for professional development when it comes to conference content creators and program managers. So I decided to write a book about it.
Producing Success: A Career Guide for Conference Producers is the first and only book of its kind. It’s the only book that provides a roadmap for career minded conference producers. Part memoir, part motivational treatise, Producing Success highlights the rich experiences that lie within the madness. Each chapter suggests resources for further reading and training, as well as exercises that help producers expand their outlook and improve their skill set.
Producing Success offers insights and observations gleaned from over a decade producing content-driven industry conferences for independent events companies. Part memoir, part motivational treatise, the book highlights the rich experiences that lie within the madness. Each chapter suggests resources for further reading and training, as well as exercises that help you expand your outlook and improve your skill set. Producing Success is a critical tool for producers looking to open new doors, develop a vision, and put your imagination, creativity, and positive attitude to work for you. Engaging and relatable, there is no other book like it for conference producers.
Why You Should Read Producing Success:
- You seek opportunities to improve and develop your job skills. Each chapter suggests resources for further reading, training, or professional certifications.
- You think it’s time to put your imagination, creativity, and positive attitude to work for you. Each chapter contains exercises that will help you expand your outlook and improve your skill set.
- You’re looking to open new doors. Identify areas where your job functions overlap with the responsibilities of professionals in other fields.
- You want to identify mentors. Each chapter points to larger career niche where you can seek guidance.
- You have a strong sense of agency. You are ready to realize your vision of where you want your career to go.